Welcome to the official website
of New Britain Little League! Throughout this website, you
will find updates throughout our league. On every page are
relevant headlines that are happening at this time. You will
also find division information, team and coach contact information,
more history of the league, and more. Be sure to use the navigation
at the top or bottom of the page to find out everything that
is happening in New Britain Little League!
Registration Prices Announced for 2014 Season
In the month of November, the Board of Directors did an in-depth cost analysis of every division to better understand where our money is coming in, where our money is going, and whether or not the price for each division is justified. With that in mind, the Board created a pricing structure that will allow us to remain on stable financial footing and will also put us in line with other leagues not only in New Britain, but also in surrounding towns. The prices for some divisions have dropped, some have stayed the same, and one has increased. When deciding on these prices, please understand that we always need to do what is in the best interest of the league. With that said, here are the registration prices for the 2014 season:
Challenger: $25 | TBALL / Coach Pitch: $50 | Dev. Minors, Minors, Majors, Softball: $80 | Seniors: $120
Household Plan: 50% off each additional child with a maximum limit of $180
Please note that for the household plan, the players must live in the same house. You will be charged the highest amount first and then 50% will be taken off each additional child. For example, if you have a child in Seniors and Majors, you will be charged $120 for Seniors and $40 for Majors.
We have reduced the price of the TBALL and Coach Pitch by $10. Last season, it was $60. The price for your child to play in Developmental Minors, Minors, Majors, and Softball will remain the same last year at $80. The price for your child to play in our Challenger Division will also stay the same at $25. The Seniors division was our only division that saw an increase in price, which was $80 last year. The reason for our increase in price in our Seniors Division is due to the advanced equipment needed at that age, the need for two umpires at every game, and the need to put the price in line with surrounding towns.
The good news is that we are offering everyone the chance to save money. If you register your child before February 1, you will save $10 per child. We will be holding two registration sessions in January - the dates are still yet to be finalized. Online registration will begin the week of December 16.
New Age Structure Announced for 2014 Season
In an effort to streamline our divisions and to form a better plan of development for all of our players, the Board of Directors have made revisions to our age structure for the 2014 season. The most noticeable changes are in the lower divisions, where we want to emphasize as much development as possible and make sure kids are playing with other kids that are closer in age. Previously, there were divisions which saw kids playing with others who may have been 3 - 4 years older than them. While it may not have been a mismatch from a physical and talent standpoint, we began to understand that socially and mentally, it was. With that said, here is the new age structure for the 2014 season. Please note that league age for softball is your child's age as of January 1, 2014 and the league age for baseball is your child's age as of April 30, 2014.
League Ages 4 - 22: Any person who is between the league ages of 4 and 22 are allowed to participate in our Challenger Division. The Challenger Division is for those who are physically and developmentally challenged.
League Ages 4 and 5: All players who are league ages 4 and 5 will be required to play TBALL.
League Ages 6 - 12: All players who are league ages 6 through 12 will be required to attend an evaluation in March. These evaluations will help us and our coaches place your child in the division that we feel is the best fit. There are numerous divisions in which your child may be drafted in and are as follows:
• Majors Baseball will be for those players who are league ages 9 through 12. Please note that if your child participated in our Majors Division last year in our league, they are automatically in the Majors again this year and do not need to attend an evaluation session. If your child is not drafted into this division, they will participate in our Minors Division.
• Majors Softball will be for those players who are league ages 9 through 12. Please note that if your child participated in our Majors Division last year in our league, they are automatically in the Majors again this year and do not need to attend an evaluation session. If your child is not drafted into this division, they will participate in our Minors Division.
• Minors Baseball will be for players who are league ages 7 through 12. All players who are league ages 9 - 12 will be guaranteed a spot in this division. However, your child will still need to attend evaluations. If your child is league age 7 or 8 and is not drafted into this division, they will participate in our Developmental Minors Division.
• Minors Softball will be for players who are league ages 7 through 10. All players who are will need to attend an evaluation session but are guaranteed a spot on a team in our Minors Division as long as they attend an evaluation session and are registered and paid before our registration deadline.
• Developmental Minors will be for those players who are ages 6 through 8. If your child is league age 6 or 7 and is not drafted into our Developmental Minors division, they will play participate in our Coach Pitch division.
• Coach Pitch will be for those players who are league ages 6 and 7. If your child isn't drafted into our Developmental Minors or Minors division, they will participate in this division. This division is typically for those who are just coming out of TBALL and are just getting used to the objectives and rules of the game.
League Ages 13 - 16: All players who are league ages 13 through 16 will need to attend an evaluation session but are guaranteed a spot on a team in our Seniors Division as long as they attend an evaluation session and are registered and paid before our registration deadline.
If you have any further questions or if you are a little confused, you may contact your division director by heading on over to our contact page by clicking here!
Opening Day 2014 - Saturday, April 12
New Britain Little League will kick off its 57th season on April 12, 2014 when Opening Weekend Ceremonies are held at Stanley Quarter Park at 11:00 AM. All of the teams will play their first game on that weekend at the various parks around New Britain. We will also have numerous activities planned for that day at Stanley Quarter Park for those who want to stick around and enjoy the atmosphere! We expect that the 2014 season will be just as good, if not better, than all of the others! All players are expected to be at the park in complete uniform no later than 10:30 AM to line up to prepare for Opening Ceremonies. Opening Ceremonies will take place at 11:00 AM on the middle diamond. We will have many fun activities and great things to do on that day so mark your calendars now for this annual event!
Previous Websites Stories
Over the months and years, there have been hundreds of stories that have appeared on our website. Unfortunately, we never saved them and once they were no longer relevant, they were off the page. Starting in the middle of last season, former President Matthew Cannata made the decision that all website stories should be placed on a page so anyone can go back and read them. As our league has become more successful over the years, we also have many people looking for past stories, history, and other items for research, newspaper articles, school projects, data comparison, demographics, and much more. Whenever a story is no longer relevant on our main page, we will move to our archive section. We are happy to provide this service to anyone who wishes to use it.
> Click here to read older stories that previously appeared on our website
© Copyright 2010 - 2013. All Rights Reserved. New Britain Little League.
No content shall be taken from this website without the proper permission of Sue Gibson, President.
Website designed by Matthew Cannata